I’ve been tagged! It’s actually a good thing since I’ve been struggling to determine what to write about lately. I’m just having a hard time finding the good each day. Lots of stress = lots of negativity for me. I need to push the negativity out, I know, but it’s taking some time. And I have been told by my doctor that I cannot workout for a week or two to let a sore shoulder heal, so the workout stress relief is gone too. Boy, am I looking forward to the weekend!
1. Post the rules
2. Post 11 fun facts about yourself
3. Answer the questions the tagger gave you in their post & then create 11 new questions for the people you tag.
4. Tag 11 people and link them in your post
5. Let them know you’ve “tagged” them
11 Fun Facts About Me
1. I need a haircut. My hair is longer than it has been in several years. I actually think it’s about as long as it was for my wedding day 8 1/2 years ago. My hair stylist is 8 months pregnant, so I better get my appointment set soon!
2. I love Top Chef, but I am the farthest from being a “foodie” than anyone could get. I eat plain foods, don’t like seafood and am not adventurous at all. But I love seeing what the chefs will create each week.
3. I like going to movies by myself. If I can’t get a girlfriend to go see a chick flick with me, I’m more than happy to go alone. I get lost in the movie and enjoy the solitude.
4. My design style is a mix of cute cottage and craftsman. One is light and airy, rustic and eclectic, and the other is dark and heavy, polished and traditional.
5. I bought Us Weekly at CVS today when I went to get cough drops. I have already read the entire thing from cover to cover. (See question 3 below – there was a picture of Zac Efron on the cover that caught my eye.)
6. Another real-time confession… I’m currently eating almonds, chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. The almonds make it healthy like trail mix, right?
7. I love waking my kids up in the morning. They are both so cute nestled all cozy in their beds. I slowly turn on the light and then watch them stretch and open their eyes. It’s a peaceful moment, and I relish in it.
8. I keep a post-it by my desk that says “I love you. You’re my best mommy. You’re sweet. Love, Mason” I think she had Jeremy write it when she was almost 5. It makes me smile every time I look at it.
9. I still keep in touch with 3 girlfriends from grade school. We get together when we can and go for a walk or grab a bite to eat. I love having them in my life still and love that we can still gab and enjoy each other’s company.
10. Domino’s thin crust pizza with roasted red peppers and bacon is my favorite!
11. I love the show Pan Am on ABC. I really hope the rumors of cancellation are untrue and it gets another season!
And now for the questions Nain has asked of me…
1. What’s your favorite thing to do on a rainy day? – I actually love to just curl up and watch TV with my family. As long as everyone is getting along and willing to sit still for longer than 5 minutes.
2. Who do you consider to be your real life hero? – My sister is my hero. She has battled a lot and still holds her composure, stays cool, and sees life in a positive light. I also think she is super smart, has a great fashion sense, and makes chocolate chip cookies better than anyone!
3. Who was your childhood celebrity crush? – I have no memory of this kind of thing… Perhaps Kirk Cameron or Michael J. Fox? If I were a kid these days, I would have a major crush on Zac Efron – wait, I DO have a crush on Zac Efron even as a 34-year-old! And Ryan Reynolds… And Matt Damon…
4. What was your favorite subject in school? – This is actually harder to answer than you might think. I did love my English classes all through high school, which is why I became an English major. But when I look back and think about all the stress that I went through with my writing and interpretation of books I read, I realized that I relished in my math classes when there were exact answers and no subjective interpretation.
5. Which do you prefer – being really cold or really hot? – I’d rather be cold. I can’t stand being sweaty and flushed from the heat. And I like to cuddle, and cuddling in the heat just isn’t the same.
6. What’s the one thing you’ve always wanted to learn how to do?
– Blow glass. I don’t know why. I just love the art of blown glass. We’ve been to the Simon Pearce
store where you can watch them do everything in the workshop, and I think it is so cool to watch them work.
7. Do you consider yourself to be more of a leader or follower? – I’m a leader. There are times when I’d rather be a follower, and that is when my introvert self comes out. But I’m usually more comfortable leading.
8. What’s your biggest accomplishment so far in life? – My kids. Sounds cliché, but so true. I share that accomplishment with my husband, though, and that is what makes it even more special.
9. What’s the one thing that grosses you out the most? – Throwing up. I hate it. Whether it is me or someone else, I just don’t want to be around it. I will myself not to throw up. I just keep telling myself, “I’m not going to throw up.” over and over and over until the feeling passes me. Many people think they feel better when they can just get it out, but not me! Until I threw up after my c-section for Cooper, I had not thrown up since my 10th birthday. I think something about throwing up on my birthday scarred me, and I vowed to never do it again.
10. Your weirdest personal habit or quirk? – I’m sure my family could come up with something good for this, but I can’t. I bite my nails, but that is more of a bad habit than a weird one. When I was younger, I would only eat chip sandwiches. Rye bread and cheese Doritos was the best combo. For lunch in high school, I would pack two slices of rye bread and a bag of Doritos or Fritos. Yummy!
11. Do you believe in love at first sight? – Yes. Well, maybe love at second sight. I say this because the first time Jeremy and I met, I really didn’t pay any attention to him. But the next time we saw each other a couple of weeks later, I knew he would be my husband. He was walking up a hill towards me, and his presence just hooked me instantly.
Well that’s it! It was fun answering these questions and thinking of fun facts about myself. Definitely got me thinking. Thanks, Nain!