Christmas is just 2 days away, and I am honestly giddy with excitement. I look forward to this holiday all year. Between being able to spend time with my family, give gifts I have lovingly picked out and bake to my heart’s content, there is no reason for me not to love Christmas. Here are some of my favorite things that I’m looking forward to.
1. Baking cookies for Santa with the kids. We usually do sugar cookies, but I might let the kids do most of the leg work with this easy recipe from Picky Palate.
2. Reading The Night Before Christmas to Mason and Cooper from the very book my dad read from when I was little.
3. Seeing the kids’ faces when they open their presents from Santa (and the subsequent other two present-opening sessions with both sides of the family.)
4. Getting Jeremy’s reaction when he opens the gifts I picked out for him. (We gave each other a $10 budget this year, which did not include stocking stuffers. So I had fun with the stocking stuffers and made my real gift to him. I obviously can’t reveal it yet since my loving hubby reads my blog, but I can’t wait for him to open it!)
5. Stocking stuffers at my in-laws. It’s so over the top (and spilled out onto the stairs), and I love that every single gift is wrapped – no matter how mundane or extravagant. It’s a fun tradition!
6. Spending time with all the family. We get a full 24 hours + with my mom, sister, brother-in-law and nepher. That’s rare around the holidays so I can’t wait! And seeing Mason, Cooper and Hayes together is always a treat. I hear Hayes is kissing and hugging our Christmas card everyday, so I know he and Mason will have quite the reunion together.
7. The time between opening presents and eating dinner. We play with new toys, watch a movie and just relax. Oh! The joys of relaxing!
8. Time away from work. This year it is a huge blesing to have a break – I really need it!
9. The “spirit” of the season. (Hopefully drama-free and germ-free.)
10. The phone calls and texts with extended family and friends. I love spreading the love and joy!
There is so much to look forward to. Sadly it is only a few days of celebration before life is expected to return to normal. But I won’t think about that now. I’ll enjoy the moment, the season, the love and the togetherness while I can.
Merry Christmas to you and yours. May your hearts be filled this holiday season!
Source: Christmas card created on Minted