It’s just one of those days where I need to write to get a lot off my mind. So here are the random bits of consciousness flowing through my mind these days.
- The kids started tennis lessons yesterday. (Both did great!) I have never seen so many neon shoes and clothes, though. Neon is definitely back when it comes to fashion. I’ll need my sunglasses.
- My aunt and uncle visited from Raleigh this past weekend. We ate our way through Rhode Island, experienced Waterfire, visited Newport, watched a lot of tennis and football and played even more volleyball and badminton. It was a great weekend, and we were so thankful to have them come see us!
- I did the Ab Ripper workout with my aunt on Friday, and I’m still sore. When will it go away?
- I got a new hairdryer a few weeks ago, and I’m not happy about it. I had my old one for a while, so we had a good routine in the mornings. Now I feel like I’m in a tornado with this new power of this one. My hair gets all tangled up, and it’s a workout just to do my hair.
- We’re doing a little weekend in Maine soon with my mom, and I can’t wait. Fall in Maine – love it!!
- Work is yet again in limbo. Wondering when I’ll ever feel secure in a career again.
- Since my oven has been back, I’ve baked/cooked blondies, brookies, cookies, biscuits, apple crisp, chicken noodle soup, pasta salad, and rice. It is so nice to have my full cooking repertoire back!
- Mason turns 8 in a month! I’m kind of in shock about that. We’re working on planning a pajama party (without the sleepover!)
- Time for fall yard work! I think I’m going to be tired after this weekend.
- Our fall schedule is already filled up. How did that happen?
Thanks for indulging me in reading about my random thoughts. Feel free to share yours in the comments if you need to!