… we celebrated May The 4th Be With You Day. (Ok, so not that long ago.) For those who might not be as geeky or obsessed as my family, May 4th has become somewhat of a cult holiday for fans of Star Wars. Having a husband who loves anything Star Wars and two kids who have taken after their daddy, this is a big day. In the past, we’ve acknowledged the holiday in passing, but this year we wanted to live it up and really get into it. I think this is the start of a new annual tradition that can only grow from here.
Since most of the day was spent at our new house priming rooms for painting and tearing apart the kitchen, we knew the kids deserved some special treats to celebrate May the 4th. Our afternoon/evening consisted of the following…
1. Star Wars Lego video game on the Wii. Check!
2. Lightsaber Popsicles. Check!
3. TIE Fighter Ties. Check!
4. Star Destroyer Nachos. Check!
5. Endor Florets. (aka broccoli) Check!
6. Wookie Cookies. Double Check!
7. Watching our favorite Star Wars movie (New Hope). Check!
8. Star Wars bedtime stories. Check!
Sadly, I didn’t get any pictures of our day. But we had a lot of fun! (Although next year, I’ll insist that everyone else wear their Star Wars T-shirts like I did!)
I’ve already got plans for next year’s May The 4th Be With You Day. Watch out!