I have so many things on my mind these days. I’ve been thinking of my life in Facebook status updates, but then I never follow through because I think no one would really care about what I was thinking. Here are some of my latest “would be” Facebook posts.
- Why does my grocery bill spike by at least $50 when Jeremy and the kids go shopping with me?
- Getting the kids hooked on The Amazing Race… I can totally see Jeremy and Mason running it together one day. Season 32 winners?
- Finally ran 3 straight miles again after at least 6 months. A little Zac Efron (in HSM3) can really motivate me!
But there is more to life than Facebook posts… especially ones I don’t even write. So here are a few other things on my mind these days.
- I’m desperate to find a house to buy, but not desperate enough to settle for a house I’m not in love with. I’ll make sure to fill you all in on our house hunt soon!
- We officially got rid of our cable. We’re using Apple TV and a digital antenna (for HD network channels) for all of our TV viewing. I’m not totally convinced yet, but we’re weaning our dependence on TV for entertainment. And I have a feeling that seeing our first bill cut in half will do a lot to convince me.
- We’ve had snow the past three weekends. I know I live in New England now, but even native New Englanders are complaining, so I feel I’m allowed to as well.
- I’m so jealous seeing all the Facebook or Instagram pictures of people on beaches or at Disney right now. I want a true vacation!
- I miss HGTV! (One of the disadvantages of getting rid of cable.)
- I’ll be running a 5k with my coworkers next Saturday. I’m working on a T-shirt to make for all of us, and Jeremy has inspired me to channel Phil Dunphy. It just might work.
- My mom bought us beautiful flowers when she was here last week, and they are still alive and blooming. I love coming home to fresh flowers… no matter what time of year!
So these are the musings from the “cable-less.” Hopefully without the cable now, I’ll be inspired to write more in my free time. I feel I always say that, though, after I’ve been absent on my blog for a while. But who knows? Maybe this time it really will happen. Hope everyone’s having a good week!