It’s 2013. I’ve finished my 30 Day Mom Challenge. I’ve posted about Cooper’s birthday. Those were the big things to start out the new year. So I ask, where do I go from here? When I celebrated 4 years of blogging, I made the goal of blogging at least once a week. Technically, I would have accomplished that with Cooper’s birthday post, but I was compelled to write today, so here I am.
There are so many things I could write about… starting our home search, wanting a new wardrobe, needing a girls night out, excitedly awaiting the birth of my new nephew, the real push to lose a few pounds… But I’ll save those up. Today, I just want to do a brain dump. I’ve been home with a sick Cooper all day, so it has been really quiet. When I don’t have anyone to really talk to, I just need to get it all out, which means today you are my lucky
- I am beyond excited that the Ravens are in the AFC Championship! I really want them to beat the Patriots and make it to the Superbowl. (Sorry New England readers.)
- I made some delicious brownies/bars over the weekend. Check out Bakerella’s recipe. (I didn’t do the ganache topping because of the added calories and not wanting them extra sweet. They are still great without the added chocolate.)
- I bought a gift card for a friend, and now I can’t find it. I swear it was in my purse, but it has disappeared. Nothing irks me more than losing or breaking things that cost a lot of money.
- My sister bought us a membership to the Providence Children’s Museum for Christmas, and it is probably the greatest gift ever! The museum was too expensive to justify spending money each time we went when we only stay for about an hour and a half. But with the membership, we have already gone 3 times! It’s a perfect time-filler or rainy day activity.
- We signed the kids up for classes at the zoo for the spring. Cooper is going to a class to learn more about Red Pandas, and Mason signed up to take an art class about Red Pandas. They are both excited – but I think I’m more excited.
- Jeremy and I are celebrating our 10 year anniversary this year. I want to do something big and exciting. He wants to go to a conference in Salt Lake City the same weekend. Now I’m trying to figure out if something big and exciting can be found in or around Salt Lake City. If you have ideas, please send them!
- Our old Macbook is dying. I want a new Macbook Air or something. With a house purchase hopefully in our near future, big purchases have to be put on hold. Then we’ll feel house poor again, and a new computer will get pushed out of line yet again. I always wonder how people stay up with new technology all the time. It is so expensive!
- Jeremy and I have started 1,2,3 Magic with the kids. I think it’s working, but I want to re-read it. It is hard to know when it is right to start counting. No matter what, though, I definitely recommend it!
- Watching the Golden Globes last night, I was reminded yet again that I have still not seen Les Miserables. It was the one thing I wanted to do over Christmas break, and it never happened. Now I don’t know when I’ll see it, but I feel I MUST see it in the theaters.
- I miss hosting people at our house. I loved socializing and inviting people over when we lived in Maryland. I hope we can find a great neighborhood or at least great new friends who will like coming over and hanging out with us.
- We started talking about our Disney trip for 2014. Is it too soon to start the countdown? I can’t wait!!
That’s my brain dump for the day. Happy Monday to everyone. I hope your week has started off well, and enjoy the rest!